Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Facebook Page got Hacked :(

My Facebook page got hacked last week.
My password wasn't changed but the profile was completely. According to that I lives in Karachi, DOB 14 Aug 1947, female .. looking for men :). Also, it added some posts in my wall visible to everyone.
First thing I did was update my password. Then I removed all those posts from my wall, so that no one receives it. Then I updated my profile. But I wasn't able to update my DOB, 'About me' and 'Interested in'. I checked every settings in FB but couldn't update it. Then I found that in 'Account Settings' -> Privacy -> 'Deactivate your account' -> 'My account was hacked' you can reset your password and update your DOB, but 'About Me' and 'Interested In' was still the matter of concern :(.
Then I searched FB for help topics but could hit the answer. Then I searched in Google for this and I found the answer which was already discussed in FB discussions :). Google search still rules.
These two fields can be updated via m.facebook.com. Go to mobile browser and login to your FB account. From there I could easily update my account settings which I wasn't able to do via Desktop Browser.

No comments: